Skip to main content

The Veil Pierced

Small, sweet, soft and tender. Delicate, elegant, beautiful and growing. Grand and glorious, in time and eternity.

Her gentle voice sounds in our ears
Drawing us back to those timeless
Holier spheres.

She’s right here, resting right there
Next to my heart in sacred
Silent prayer.

Her finely-featured face, in temporal serenity,
Splendidly reveals her
Eternal identity.

Yes, I held her in my hands, gently;
And she held my full attention,
Intently.

Her very soul echoes through our whole being
Freeing us to real
Seeing.

Our yearning matching hers -- with us she shares
The secure promise that, together, we
Shall be Heirs.

~
By Scott Vanatter, July 7, 2012 (On the birth of Emma Lenore Kearns.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Steward, By Carol Lynn Pearson

http://www.amazon.com/Beginnings-Beyond-Carol-Lynn-Pearson/dp/1599558602 The Steward ~ a poem by Carol Lynn Pearson, from her book, Beginnings and Beyond Heber looked at his lands And he was pleased. He’d be leaving them, tomorrow, and his hands Hurt with anticipated idleness. But he knew there was no other way When a man is seventy-eight and has to make Two rest stops with a full bucket of milk Between the barn and the kitchen. Condominiums-do they have gardens? He wondered. His son had arranged the place for them in town And he was ready. He sat down On the rock that knew his body Better than the front room chair. Could it really be fifty-five years ago That sitting right there They had talked? His father’s voice had never left him: “Heber, I’m trusting to you The most precious thing I’ve got. I worked hard for this land. You know all about The crickets and the Indians and the drought, And the buckets of sweat it took To make what you see

"If You're Going to San Francisco"

This week I have been in San Francisco at the RSA Conference. At the conference I got this caricature done by Zach ( www.caricaturesbyzach.com ). He asked me if I was a retired military colonel. Told him I wasn't, but that I used to be a wrestler and a football player.

Still, Terry

By Scott L Vanatter Poem written August 8, 2011 about my friend Terry Tenove (1954-1978) Still, I think of him -- and often.   (Happily and with affinity.) Sometimes, still, my heart aches then is softened   (Subtly, I see.) His time with us, though shortened, still is not forgotten.   (Not by me.) What he could have created here, is foregone.   (But one day still may be.) Who he was here, doesn’t alone determine who he shall one day become.   (Eternally.) Smiling inside, I know he’s happy even now.   (And free.) In our future reunion all will be compensated, corrected, and perfected.   (Boldly.) No longer in our time, he is forever in God’s.   (Nobly. Still, Terry.)