Carrie, Scott and Family
http://www.forevermotts.blogspot.com/ (Roseville, CA)
- Carrie is a busy, stay-at-home mom and blogger. With her blog, she both creates an ongoing family history, and also keeps grandma and grandpa up-to-date. She serves as 2nd counselor in the Young Women organization.
- Scott, her hubby, works as a financial planner/stock broker at Merrill Lynch. He serves as the ward Elders Quorum President. This past summer he also had successful thyroid cancer surgery, with the related radioactive iodine treatment. “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33.) Scott is of good cheer. Carrie and the boys are very glad to have him with them for a long time to come.
- Sean (2) and Ryan (4) will be welcoming a new baby brother into the family, due to join them in early April 2008!
- Carrie and the boys visited us this summer; Scott then joined them all for another visit for Thanksgiving. Much boy-type fun, commotion, and joy ensued. Ryan and Sean helped decorate Grandma’s Christmas tree, played with cars, read books, visited museums, jumped into huge piles of leaves, and jumped onto Grandpa. Fantastic!
- Sydney graduated from USU over a year ago and is office manager, staff assistant, and receptionist for a regional legal and non-legal staffing company. She serves as pianist for Relief Society, and on the Langley Singles’ Ward activities committee.
- She keeps busy working out, dating, and traveling by planes, trains, and automobile. She recently bought her own car with leather, and lots of fancy electronics, etc. She is also into reading novels, her Mac, posting to her new blog, and of course, photography. She had two award-winning entries in a photo exhibit at the Washington DC Temple Visitors’ Center.
- Becky continues in her 6th year as BYU’s Student Teacher Coordinator in Washington DC, placing, evaluating, and mentoring teachers in their first assignment. Becky has continued her reading in inner-city/educational matters, even after receiving her Master’s Degree in Urban Educational Leadership (from George Mason University). She continues to serve as our ward’s Relief Society President.
- She flies to northern California a couple times a year visiting her mother Lee Allen and her Aunt Jo (both in the Bay Area), and also Carrie and family north of Sacramento. Becky has recently had to deal with a recurrence, again after 20 years, some serious health issues in her lungs. Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA).
- Scott is vice president of enterprise sales for a software company (headquarters are only three miles from home). He is still keeping busy as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. Lately he has resurrected his blog (being drawn back into it by reading/viewing Carrie’s good example).
- Scott’s Mom and Dad, Dorothy and Gene, flew in to visit this summer while Carrie was and he boys were in town. We all visited the relatively new Smithsonian Air and Space Museum at Dulles; great grandpa Gene showing Ryan and Sean all the planes.
- Scott’s close friend and collaborator, Jared Demke, died late last year of a sudden heart attack at age 49. He is missed greatly by all he knew -- especially, of course, his loving family.
We love you all. Wish we could see you more often.
Scott & Becky